Creamy Lancashire and Tomato Tart
150g Stephensons Free Range Creamy Lancashire cheese
500g puff pastry
175g mascarpone cheese (or full fat soft cheese)
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons Stephensons Free Range Milk
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
20cm pie dish
1. Heat the oven to 180C fan, or 200C conventional. Grate the Creamy Lancashire and set aside.
2. Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out to a circle about 35 cm in diameter and 3mm thick.
3. Lightly flour the pie dish and place the pastry loosely inside, with the edges hanging over the sides.
4. Place the mascarpone (or soft cheese) in a bowl and beat it lightly to soften.
5. Reserve a tablespoon of beaten egg to glaze at the end, and then add the eggs to to mascarpone and mix well to combine.
6. Add the Stephensons milk and cheese, season well with salt and pepper and pour into the pie dish.
7. Using your hands, gently roll the pastry border into the edge of the filling. Place the halved cherry tomatoes evenly on top of the cheese filling.
8. Brush the pastry crust with the reserved egg and bake in the pre-heated oven for 40-50 minutes until browned, with a very slight 'wobble' in the centre.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy hot or cold.
Fruity French Toast
150ml Stephensons Free Range Milk
4 free range eggs
8 slices of fruit loaf
4 teaspoons Stephensons Free Range Butter
200g berries of your choice
4 teaspoons of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Greek yoghurt, to serve
1. Mix together the milk and eggs in a large shallow dish.
2. Soak the bread in the milk and egg mixture.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a non-stick frying pan, and add the bread, frying for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm whilst you cook the remaining slices.
4. Mix the sugar and cinammon together and put to one side.
5. When all the slices are cooked, sprinkle with some cinnamon sugar, a quarter of the berries and a good dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Mac and Cheese with Prosciutto and Pesto
600ml Stephensons Free Range whole milk
50g Stephensons butter
50g plain flour
300g Stephensons Creamy Lancashire cheese, grated
30g Parmesan, grated
70g prosciutto crudo, grilled until crisp
4 tablespoons fresh pesto sauce
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Tip into a colander and leave to drain thoroughly.
2. In a large heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter. Reduce to a low heat and gradually add the flour, stirring into a paste with a wooden spoon – this is your roux. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continually, until it turns golden in colour and remove it from the heat.
3. Pour the milk into a cold saucepan, and whisk the roux into the milk, until blended in. Return the sauce to the heat and whisk until thickened - about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the Creamy Lancashire and Parmesan cheeses, stir until melted and then mix in the drained macaroni.
5. Serve in bowls topped with the grilled prosciutto and a spoonful of pesto.